Diagnostics at C & M Auto Services
Diagnostic Technology for your car
Over the last 15 years technology deployed by vehicle manufacturers has grown at an alarming rate and this rate of development has accelerated even more over the last ten years, due to almost all new vehicles sold in this period having at least six independent electronic control units (ecu) to control various functions of the vehicle with the higher specification models having anywhere up to 35 or more different CPUs to control a whole raft of vehicle functions. With this now being customary, it is now impossible for an automotive workshop to service, maintain or repair a vehicle without the appropriate diagnostic equipment. Our garage uses the latest technology to deliver fast diagnostic results to assist in the fastest possible repair to your car.
Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS):
The Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) will be the only equipment that provides complete diagnostic coverage of current and future Fords. The IDS package replaces the Worldwide Diagnostic System (WDS). The IDS application will perform the identical functions of the WDS and allows dealership technicians to diagnose and service Ford vehicles. As the new diagnostic tool, IDS will be required to perform diagnostics on future model year vehicles.
IDS is enhanced WDS software that was modified to run on a standard laptop platform, and utilizes the VCM and VMM. Moving IDS to a laptop helps technicians by integrating access to both diagnostics and service information on a single, powerful machine.
Star Mercedes Diagnosis Multiplexer:
Because of European and US competition rules, all vehicle manufacturers must now make diagnosis tools available to any workshop.
The multiplexer is the interface between the PC and the car's diagnostic port. The current multiplexer connects to the PC with a cable and is made by I+ME Actia and is called the Part D3 multiplexer. It then connects to old and new Mercedes models using different cables.
We have the latest in Mercedes Benz Star Diagnostics which enable us to quickly and efficiently diagnose any fault on your Mercedes Benz, We also have full access to Mercedes Benz work instructions and technical information we are also register to the Mercedes Benz Technical help line for added back up and support.
- VERSUS PRO Diagnostic & Information System Features
- Stay connected to the vehicle and the internet while moving freely around the service bay
- Ready faster – less than 30 seconds for VERUS PRO software suite to load
- Modular, dockable scope/meter with 9 ft USB cable for extended reach and portability
- Wi-Fi access to SureTrack® Expert Information can take you from fault codes to answers in seconds
- Add confidence to any repair with SureTrack verified parts replacement data and Real Fixes harvested from millions of succesful repairs
- One-Touch Full Vehicle Code Scan & Clear quickly checks and clears codes for all available modules on the vehicle
- Genuine Windows® operating system for true multitasking
- Shared vehicle ID – select the vehicle once for all diagnostic functions
- Easy navigation - shows exactly the systems and tests available for the selected vehicle
- Built-in browser and Wi-Fi to access your choice of web resources – parts suppliers, technical forums, repair information systems, OEM websites
- Exclusive Snap-on Fast-Track® Troubleshooter provides millions of vehicle-specific code tips, symptom tips and timesavers for a faster repair
- Industry-leading functions, tests and coverage previously found only in expensive factory tools
- Avoid unnecessary parts replacement. Exclusive Fast-Track Guided Component Tests, component locator, known good values, and waveform library help verify good/bad components.
New Vehicle Coverage
- Software Upgrade 17.2 Highlights
- BMW® Expert Mode and Module Coding
- Ford® Diesel Transmission Characterization
- Enhanced Ford, Toyota® and Mazda® EVAP Test
- GM® Diesel Catalyst Reset, DPF, After Treatment, NOX Sensor
- GM Hybrid Coolant Bleed
- Honda® Camera Aiming
- Jeep® Differential Fluid Bleed
- Mercedes-Benz® Occupant Sensor Calibration
- Snap-on adds 2016 model year coverage for Harley-Davidson®, Ford, Lincoln®, GM, Jeep, Dodge®, Chrysler®, Ram®, Kia®, Hyundai®, Honda, Acura®, Mitsubishi® and enhanced coverage going back to 1996 for all major makes.
- Learn more about optional European ‘must have’ coverage:
- Snap-on’s optional European software offers 12 makes and significantly enhanced coverage for Alfa Romeo®, BMW, FIAT®, Land Rover®, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche® and Volvo®
- Comprehensive Diagnostics with OEM Licensing
- OEM-trained Remote Expert Guidance
- Built-in Remote Programming & Coding
- LAND ROVER
Autologic is believed to be the industry’s first fully integrated diagnostic support system. It combines the expertise of more than 100 dealer-trained technicians with state-of-the-art technology and access to online third-party vehicle data that’s delivered via a multifaceted, single-screen device. The simultaneous integration of these data resources and diagnostic tools, coupled with real-time access to technicians that specialize in European vehicles.
Autologic Guided Data
Autologic Guided Data, powered by HaynesPro, provides technicians with online access to an extensive range of vehicle technical information and workshop data. Through a dedicated icon on DrivePRO, technicians can quickly view a vast range of automotive OEM-based data across two distinct modules: Electronics and Smart